Labatt Blue UP Pond Hockey Championship
Phone: 1-800-338-6660 Contact: St. Ignace Events Committee
- Novice Gold Results
- Novice Silver Results
- Novice Bronze Results
- Novice Copper Results
- Novice Tin Results
- Novice Galvanized Results
- Novice Brass Results
- Women Results
- 21 & Over Platinum Results
- 21 & Over Gold Results
- 21 & Over Silver Results
- 21 & Over Bronze Results
- 21 & Over Copper Results
- 21 & Over Tin Results
- 21 & Over Galvanized Results
- 21 & Over Brass Results
- 30 & Over Gold Results
- 30 & Over Silver Results
- 30 & Over Bronze Results
- 30 & Over Copper Results
- 30 & Over Tin Results
- 40 & Over Results
- 45 & Over Results
- 50 & Over Results
Winner Photos Are Below!
- Sanction #: MIT1829906366
Registration fee is $425 per 7-person team, and includes a 3-game guarantee, Labatt sportswear, Kewadin Casino coupon, and free pub shuttle service Thursday, Friday & Saturday.
- Meet-n-Greet on Thursday, February 15, 2018, from 6-9 p.m. at the Mackinac Grille. Call 906-643-6950 to reserve a spot for your team! Remember, players attending the meet-n-greet will get a special gift ONLY available at the meet-n-greet!
- Regular games begin Friday, February 16 at 12:00 Noon; Saturday, February 17 at 9am, and the Championship Games will be played on Sunday, February 18, 2018.
- For game structure info, i.e., determining skill level, divisions, etc., click here!
- For a copy of the pond hockey rules, click here!
- Coming back for 2018! The second annual Yooper Ice Tennis Doubles Tournament, to be played Friday & Saturday. See below for more info!
Also returning in 2018.
Team Best Beard Contest. So start your beards!
- Must have at least 4 team members, and up to 7 participating.
- Judging will take place on the ice during the intermission at the Detroit Red Wings Alumni Game on Friday night.
- Winners will be chosen by impartial judges and the crowd at the game.
- No artificial beards allowed.
- Must be present to win.
- Stormy Kromer hats and Labatt beer will be awarded to winning team.
- Team Best Beard Contest. So start your beards!
NEW FOR 2018!
Best & Most Original Uniform - over the years we've seen some very original and creative jerseys and uniforms at our tournament. So this year we decided that we would give an award to the team with the best and most original uniform.
- Winning team will be chosen by impartial judges on Saturday.
- Winner will be announced late Saturday afternoon.
- Winning team must be present on Sunday at Championship Games to accept award.
- Labatt sweatshirt and Labatt beer will be awarded to winning team.
Center Ice Shootout!
- Will take place at end of first period of Detroit Red Wings Alumni Game on Friday, February 16.
- $1 tickets will be sold during the first period.
- 5 tickets will be drawn
- Best & Most Original Uniform - over the years we've seen some very original and creative jerseys and uniforms at our tournament. So this year we decided that we would give an award to the team with the best and most original uniform.
- For house/cabin rental info call the St. Ignace Chamber of Commerce at 906-643-8717, or Mackinac Properties at 906-643-9242.
- Melody Beach Cottage is available. Located 2 miles north of downtown St. Ignace on Lake Huron. Fully furnished with one full bed and sofa sleeper. Sleeps 4 comfortably but can sleep 6. Large entry room for outdoor clothing and hockey equipment. Comfortable, with gas fireplace. Call Jamie at 906-298-1978 for more info.
- If we need to cancel the event for any reason, event organizers are not responsible for any fees associated with lodging or travel.
- If you have any questions, please call 1-800-338-6660, or email: email@example.com. Registration refunds are available up to 60 days prior to event. If you cancel less than 60 days before event, and we have a replacement team register and our tournament fills (200 teams), you will be able to get a full refund.
The Labatt Blue UP Pond Hockey Championship is an outdoor event. By entering, you have acknowledged that you will be playing on a natural, outdoor ice surface, and ice conditions are at the mercy of Mother Nature.
Weather Cancellation Policy - (effective December 20, 2014)
Should the event be cancelled due to inclement weather or unsafe ice conditions as determined by the tournament director(s), teams have two options:
- Entry into next year's Labatt Blue UP Pond Hockey Championship, in the same age and division for which they are currently registered - no exceptions. Full payment will remain with the St. Ignace Events Committee and should there be a change in the tournament entry fee, teams will be responsible for the difference for next year's tournament.
- Teams may elect to have 50% of their registration fee refunded to them. Teams who choose this option will NOT be guaranteed a spot in next year's Labatt Blue UP Pond Hockey Championship. Should there be a change in the tournament entry fee, teams will be responsible for the difference for next year's tournament.
BACK for 2018!
Yooper Ice Tennis Doubles Tournament!
Wimbledon has nothing on the U.P. Pond Hockey Championship – the Yooper Ice Tennis Doubles Championship will be played on skates on Friday, February 16, and Saturday, February 17th, 2018, on the pond hockey infield. The first sixteen 2-person teams to register will compete in a single elimination tournament on the ice wearing ice skates. There is no cost to register because we feel these 16 teams will be worth the price of admission to watch! Teams must provide their own racquets and we will provide the grand prize for the Yooper Ice Tennis Award! Click here for the rules of the game!
DETROIT RED WINGS ALUMNI GAME
This year we once again welcome the Detroit Red Wings Alumni team to an exhibition game on Friday, February 16, at 7pm. Admission is FREE but seating is limited. If you'd like to attend this game arrive early to guarantee a seat. We will also have standing room available.
Want to be part of the Labatt Blue team and play against the Detroit Red Wings Alumni team?
We are now accepting bids for your team of up to 7 players to do just that! Bid now for your team’s chance to play the DRWA team on Friday night, February 16, 2018, at the Little Bear Ice Arena. Minimum bid is $200; bids will be accepted until Wednesday, February 14, at 12:00 Noon. Bids will only be accepted via email at: firstname.lastname@example.org. The winning team will be notified Wednesday afternoon, February 14th.
From Thursday night at 5:00 p.m., through Sunday morning, a free shuttle will be available for teams to be picked up/returned to St. Ignace Visitor Bureau and St. Ignace Chamber of Commerce member hotel/motel/restaurants.
Our tournament is sanctioned by USA Hockey, and sponsored by Labatt Blue. We would like to thank both organizations for their support over these last several years.Here we have a bagpipe player hitching a ride on the Zamboni as it heads out to prepare the ice!
We had only 27 teams at the first Labatt Blue UP Pond Hockey Championship in St. Ignace in 2007. In 2017 we had 195 teams!
Our pond hockey tournament is played on the frozen ice of Moran Bay, Lake Huron. We are one of the few tournaments where our 'pond' is actually one of the Great Lakes! We create thirty 75' x 150' rinks and play over 300 games during our fun-filled weekend! We have a heated Labatt Blue Zone, and 'locker rooms' on the ice for the players. Teams representing 10 states competed in 2017 - Florida, Indiana, Illinois, Kentucky, Michigan, Missouri, New Mexico, New York, Ohio, Pennsylvania, and Wisconsin.