Trek The Mighty Mac & Expo ( Mackinac Bridge ATV Crossing)
Phone: 906-643-6950 Contact: St. Ignace Events Committee
Trek the Mighty Mac 2016 was a blast and we can not wait for the 2017 event!
The registration fee is $35 per driver, and $25 per passenger.
NOTE: If we need to cancel the event for any reason, event organizers are not responsible for any fees associated with lodging or travel.
FRIDAY, SEPTEMBER 29
You can pick up your registration packet at the staging area in Mackinaw City when you drop off your ORV/ATV/dirt bike on Friday from 9am-8pm. You can also pick up your packet early Saturday morning at the staging area to receive your participant wristband and your packet.
SATURDAY, SEPTEMBER 30
STARTING TIME (tentative)
- 7:00 a.m. Buses from St. Ignace to Darrow's Gravel Pit in Mackinaw City
- 9:00 a.m. Mandatory Pre-Ride Meeting
- 10:00 a.m. - Bridge Crossing Start Time
- 11:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m. - Lunch at Little Bear. Awards, doorprizes, and auction.
- 11:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m. Beer Tent
- 1:00-5:00 p.m. - Live Music with Billy Jewell & The Bad Habits
Registration fee is $35 for the ATV & Driver, and $25 for additional riders/passengers. Registration fees include: Mackinac Bridge Fare, Decal, Lunch, Shuttle, Bussing, Entertainment, and Kewadin Casino Package (19 years and older).
ATVs will leave staging area at Darrow's Gravel Pit and head north across the mighty Mackinac Bridge, through downtown St. Ignace, and north to Little Bear East Arena. On Friday, you will leave your ORV at the secure staging area in Mackinaw City located 1 1/2 miles west of the Mackinaw City High School on Central Ave. This is also where you will pick up your registration packet. You can also bring your email confirmation to the staging area on Saturday morning prior to the mandatory meeting and receive your participant wristband and packet. We will have security at the staging area overnight.
The Michigan Department of Transportation has asked us to post their rules of the road and general safety rules for the Trek.
- Single file for the duration of the parade.
- 20 mph minimum and maximum speed at all times during the parade.
- All drivers must have a valid driver's license.
- ALL operators must stay in the designated parade route and obey all laws and orders of traffic regulators.
- ALL operators are driving through business districts. PLEASE stay watchful of cars and pedestrians - PAY ATTENTION to your surroundings during the parade.
ATVs, Side-by-Sides, Off-Road Motorcycles. For other categories, please call 906-643-6950 to see if your vehicle type is permitted. For this event a width limit of 72" will be enforced. ABSOLUTELY NO ARGOS, 3-WHEELERS, GOLF CARTS, ETC. Tech inspection will include: functioning headlights, tailights, and brake lights, sound level (no higher than 94 db), and 2017 MI DNR ORV stickers are required. No after market seats will be permitted, as per State law. You must wear a helmet unless your machine has R.O.P system. Your vehicle must not interfere with normal vehicular traffic. All the above are Michigan Statutes covering ORV use under P.A. 451. 324. 81101-50.
LAW ENFORCEMENT/LOCAL ORV ORDINANCE LINKS
- Michigan State Police
- Mackinac County ORV Ordinance
- City of St. Ignace
- City of Mackinaw City
- US Forest Service ORV Ordinance
- Michigan DNR ORV Info
- Michigan DNR The 2017 Handbook of Michigan Off-Road Vehicle Laws
- Michigan DNR ORV License/Permit Requirements
- Michigan DNR Off-Road Vehicle Management Plan (2008)
Stay where the action is! Make your lodging reservation in St. Ignace! Take advantage of the FREE weekend shuttle*.
DRIVER MUST HAVE VALID DRIVER’S LICENSE.
If you have any questions, please call 1-800-338-6660, or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Registration refunds available up to 60 days prior to event.